Thursday, February 14, 2008

Photography - another new hobby

As I've told everybody that I'm just a wanna be everything, so I tried everything for expressing my passion, this time I try a new hobby among other hobbies i've tried, yes I tried photography, actually I was thinking about photography when junior high school age but it was the time when start learning photography was an expensive hobby, buying camera is just the begining of spending or some calls investment, films and processing were so expensive. Since digital touches photography area, anything related to photography considered cheaper than before and also there always room for mistake as wide as the storage I can afford, so I think let start doing photography.
With Olympus C-770 prosumer camera I started to learn about apperture, ISO, shutter speed, EV and all other photography stuff, not really mastering it but slowly I feel comfort with my new hobby then decided to upgrade my gear to my first DSLR camera, its a Konica-Minolta Dynax 5D, the latest SLR from Konica-Minolta before they merged with Sony and change DSLR lineup become Sony Alpha series.
One thing I learned from a Guru, no matter what is your equipment, it's the idea that does matter, so be it phone-camera, point and shoot, prosumer or DSLR just go out and shoot your object.

Instead of taking pictures, reading is important for beginers, I started to read my camera manual, the most important thing to read is our own camera's manual, by mastering our camera we will be able to expand our creativities and ideas by exploring camera's feature, other than that, I also read these e-books which helped me much on getting better understanding of photography techniques and other stuff related :


Digital Photography Book - by Scott Kelby - 8.5MB


How To Do Everything With Your Digital Camera-Fourth Edition - 15.8MB


Shoot Like a Pro! Digital Photography Tecnique - 8MB


Mastering Digital Photography - David D. Busch - 21MB


So long Konica-Minolta....

No comments: